- At 12:06 station 50 and 10 were dispatched to 17401 Scotts Factory Rd for a building with smoke and fire showing. Engine 50 marked en route with 3 quickly followed by Engine 52. While en route Chief 503 (Savage) requested Chuckatuck Station 9 bring a tanker due to the fires location to any water supply. Engine 50 arrived on scene to a fully involved wood frame detached garage and went to work pulling ... (Full Story & Photos)
- On June 15 & 16 the "50" House hosted a Intro To Technical Rescue class. The class had students from Smithfield, Chuckatuck, and Windsor Fire Departments.
Completion of Intro to technical rescue allows members to continue training in the technical rescue field, which consists of vehicle rescue, trench rescue, confined space and rope rescue. Each additional class builds on the basics that were ... (Full Story & Photos)
- Carrollton VA: At 1417 hrs station's 10 and 50 were dispatched for a possible structure fire in a 3 story apartment complex. Truck 50 was first out with 3 as the 2nd due truck. Engine 50 followed close behind with 4 as the 2nd due engine, and Engine 53 with 3 was 3rd due.
Station 10 units arrived on scene and determined that the fire was contained to the deck area. During the structure fire, ... (Full Story)
- Smithfield VA: At 728 hrs Isle of Wight Dispatch received multiple calls for a 2 car MVA with injuries at the intersection of Route 10 Bypass and Main Street. Rescue 50 was first out with 5, followed by Engine 53 with 3. Upon arrival of first responding units it was determined that the accident was minor with 1 patient complaining of leg and back pain. Medic 64 along with Zone 60 treated the patient ... (Full Story)
- Smithfield VA: At 0036 hrs Station 50 and 60 were dispatched for the motorcycle down with rider in the street. Initial reports had the driver lying in the roadway, and upon arrival of first due units, the operator of the motorcycle was walking around. Chief Stallings (501) arrived on scene and assumed command. Rescue 50, with a crew of 3 arrived shortly after and determined that there were no ... (Full Story)